I have been way into reading about Nutritious Movement and the way we are meant to move our bodies vs. sitting a lot in chairs, and the cellular level on which this is healthful. Anyway, one of the recommendations is to sit on the floor, so I made these floor pillow/cushion/poufs to make the possible and comfortable. I couldn't find anything suitable on Craigslist or in the thrift store, and they are egregiously expensive new. I used a pattern I found online for the triangle pieces. The first one I made using leftover canvas and duck cloth I'd had for years, and a pair of Rob's worn out khaki pants on the bottom. For the second, slightly smaller pouf, I used a pair of dark wash jeans that I found on the curb. I stuffed the first one with hemp/cotton scraps from a local lady who make organic clothing by hand and saves bags of her trimmings. It weighs like 10 lbs.!The second was mostly junk fabric that I will never use and would otherwise throw away. So it ended up being a free project!
 |
| I bought the patterned duck cloth in Chicago like 7 years ago; I only got a quarter yard of each because they are so expensive, but I loved them. |
 |
| One pair of ladies' jeans, reimagined. |
1 comments:
I dig your fabric choices. This is the first I've heard of duck cloth.
Post a Comment