Potty Pants

Liefde sat on her potty between diaper changes for months with no action, then suddenly she happened to pee while on it, and it was all over after that. She was catching her pee like a pro within a couple days. However, she was only successful when she had clear access. So, I made her two different pairs of these split-crotch flannel pants. When you sit, they open up in the crotch/back, allowing her to be independent with her toileting. After a while (a couple months, maybe?) she was advanced (and suddenly verbal) enough to tell us when she needed help with her pants, or announce her need for the toilet, so she graduated to underwear and regular pants. These are retired now, but we thank them for their service. 



I used a free pattern online to sew these. They were SO fast and simple. You can see I added elastic on just one of the feet, then got too lazy to finish the other side. It didn't affect their utility. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates