Here begins a new blog! In the past few months, I've been going through a season of life bursting with energy, creativity, and thankfully, a lot of free time. (Unemployment has been a blessing of sorts!) I've been reading a lot online and in print about how to better daily life aesthetically, environmentally, nutritionally, spiritually, and economically. I've been doing a lot of experiments as a result, and will record them here. None of it is new information, but I like to share my crafts, discoveries, and projects with other people.
The project I want to share with you today is simple--my lunch.
Several days ago, while biking, I spotted some
dandelion greens growing by the sidewalk in Evanston and snatched them up. I've known for a long time that these leaves are edible, but never tried them before. After a nice long soak, I sauted them with garlic and onions in olive oil. That helped to ameliorate the bitterness of the raw leaves. Free food for the picking--even in the city!

0 comments:
Post a Comment