During the summer bok choy came in our CSA box once, and after chopping it up for dinner one night, my housemate noticed there was a neat design on the remaining stem. So I dipped it in a little acrylic paint to see what kind of print it might produce. The result was something resembling a rose, so I made some greeting cards and wrapping paper.
I saved the wrapping paper for a very special occasion--my friends Jeff and Sarah's wedding gift. I had large sheets of flat, white paper on hand, which had been saved from the packing material my bridesmaid dress (for the same wedding) was shipped in.
I added a little DIY touch to part of their gift--a quilted accent on a dishtowel. Quilting is alive and well in Mennonite circles here in Evanston/Rogers Park, but I suppose trying one's hand at it can count as "relearning the wheel" in some small way.
1 comments:
love the design!
Post a Comment