Check book cover, compliments of Calvin College.

Recently I decided it was time to be an adult and buy checks for my Chicago bank account. And by "adult" I mean quit-being-so-cheap-that-I'd-rather-pay-all-my-bills-in-cash-and-deliver-by-hand-than-pay-$20-for-checks.

I ordered through The Check Gallery, which calls itself "the green check company" because it uses vegetable-based inks and 20% post-consumer recycled paper. They have a pretty nice deal for first-time customers (2nd box free). Anyway, after I shelled out some clams for ease of shelling out clams in the future, I was not about to pay 10-20 more clams for a check book "cover." Check book covers are the sort of item that folks seem to collect in multiples because they sometimes come complimentary.

For about a week my checks lived nude in my purse, until I was organizing my desk and stumbled upon this baby:


Ah, yes, another complimentary item that collects dust and creates clutter. However, I discovered that after removing the little calendar insert, my checkbook fit in perfectly!



There you have it, folks. I almost feel excited enough to write out a check to Calvin's Alumni office! Almost.

 

Then I made it a little less ugly by gluing on a ginko leaf print I made this fall. 


1 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope,

Thought of you:

http://lifehacker.com/5428429/use-a-crock-pot-to-make-homemade-candles?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lifehacker%2Ffull+%28Lifehacker%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates