Garden Gab.

Earlier this week I was grateful to be given some free seedlings, which I put in the ground Wednesday--two kinds of tomatoes, acorn squash, and a cucumber. I also sowed some seeds--two kinds of carrots (including a mix of unusually color ones called "Science Fiction"), peas, and cantaloupe.

Today when I went to the garden I saw the first sprouts of  marigolds I planted around the perimeter of the bed to protect my tomatoes. This is not really amazing, but it does boost my confidence a little. Something is breaking ground!

The bad news is, all four of my eggplant seedlings have died. They seem to have a disease judging by the spotty, yellow, shriveling leaves. Bummer. I might try again, except that friends who garden in the same community garden have had the same experience, so it might be hopeless. At least for a novice like me.

And I have erected a little chicken wire fence, which I am proud of myself for, and I hope protects my plot from bunnies and other nibblers.

1 comments:

designHER Momma said...

I just today planted my little urban garden. We are so super tight on space, it's so sad if a plant doesn't make it, because each one matters so much!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates