Bugs; Bunny.

This weekend I went camping outside of Madison, WI. It was a blast! It was the first opportunity I've had to use the homemade insect repellent I mixed last fall. I forget the exact recipe, but I believe it is a few drops of eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils in about 1/2 cup witch hazel. I used it one mildly buggy night and couldn't really tell how effective it was. It smelled pretty nice, though. Then I lost the bottle! I just read that you can rub a lavender flower on your pulse points to keep mosquitos away too. Maybe I can grow some of that.

Last week I planted six kohlrabi seedlings, and the following morning, the leaves of four of them had been decimated by Evanston's resident Peter Rabbit. Lacking the time to improve my fence, I placed a roll of chicken wire around/atop the surviving two plants. We'll see what can be done.

The good news is the peony plant that came with the garden up is blooming! It is glory. I'm sure everything else growing there is inspired by the sight.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Please post a picture of the peony! They are so pretty.

Unknown said...

I agree... I would like to see pics as well.

Who did you go camping with? That sounds really fun. Interesting about the lavender, I would like to try that out.

Clever title, by the way. :D

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates