We didn't start the fire.

My Memorial Day weekend was spent camping in Wisconsin.

In preparation for campfires, I made firestarters. I stuffed an egg carton full of dryer lint, then melted extra wax and poured it overtop. Then I cut it into segments. We used about 2 per fire.

These things ignite and hold a flame pretty well, but were not a match for the green wood we picked up unwittingly at the local gas station. On dry wood, they work like a charm. I think these ones might have benefited from more wax for endurance.


If you are ever in Madison, I highly recommend stopping by Ella's Deli. Here you see a tribute to "This Little Piggy"--the feet moved, too. The whole place is full of mechanical & handmade toys and trinkets like this. They also have a carousel outside. And the ice cream is dreamy!
Here's a shot of the whole group and the precarious bike rack. I photoshopped myself in--that's why I have no feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates