Tiddly bits.

No blog activity for over a month...that's sad to me. I've been up to stuff, but sort of preoccupied.

I'm engaged to be wed! 


In other news...


  • It's Lent, so my household has been eating beans & rice for dinner on Tuesdays. I cooked with dried beans for the first time, and it worked just fine. I soaked and cooked black beans in a very inexact manner but they came out just right. I've just avoided recipes with beans for the last few years because we don't buy canned and I never plan ahead enough to use dry, but now I know I can if I want to. 
  • I ventured out to the garden for the first time this year and planted spinach, with the hopes of catching the cool weather while I can. And resisting bunnies by sheer luck since my fence is scrapped.
  • I've been cleaning only with straight vinegar. I spray in on surfaces, I pour it in the toilet. It even works on the mirror, which surprised me a little. It smells rather sour for about 20 minutes, but then it's gone. I prefer it far and away to any product with bleach. Sometimes one of my client's will use bleach-bathroom-cleaner-spray as air-freshener and it turns my eyeballs inside-out.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love this picture of you two! What a great color combo, too. Both of you look so happy. How romantic. :)

gina said...

For beans, especially black beans which take a little longer to cook, i soak overnight with some baking soda added to the water.

Double Dekker said...

Beautiful photo! So happy for you, Hope.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates