Don't Toss it, Make a Throw!

While taking stock of my belongings, I found two thin, drapey sweaters, neither of which fit particularly well. The purple one has good memories attached--one of my co-workers when I lived in Philly gave it to me, and I wore it the first time I visited Rob's family and slipped on the stairs and got an eternal scar on my elbow. But, it had stains on it and was frumpy-fitting.


So, I cut them up, and sewed them together again in a throw-blanket manner. If I were to do it again, I would sacrifice a couple inches of breadth here and there for perfectly-cut SQUARES--your blanket might end up smaller, but at least it will not look warped! It's not the prettiest, but it's fine for wrapping up in on the couch. Maybe I'll make it bigger someday if I come across more thin, no-good sweaters. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates