Call a Neighbor.

Last night I was slicing sweet potatoes with my brand new, sharp knives and made the unfortunate move of pressing too hard while near the end, cutting my finger badly in the process. There I was, alone in the apartment without a phone, without internet, without knowlege of local resources, bleeding profusely. I was old-fashioned helpless. Luckily, we had our upstairs neighbors over for dinner earlier in the week, so I felt okay going up there and asking her to call my husband. She also helped me get a bandage on my finger and look up the nearest Urgent Care location, even comforting me while I cried. I really have no clue what I would have done if she wasn't there to help me! Luckily, we have the modern amentities of a car and health insurance, and the hospital has pressure bandages and "gel foam" for unstitchable wounds. I am well taken care of because I'm not alone!

P.S. I also got to make use of my new first aid kit from NaturoKits and took some Arnica and Hypercium to help me stop bleeding and reduce the pain. I really can't say if they worked or not, but I think they made me more calm, if only by placebo effect.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Eek! Hope you heal well and that you get a phone soon. What a great neighbor.

Is there still novelty in calling him your husband? :)

Hope said...

Andrea, I appreciate that you always comment on my blog. :) Yes, there is still novelty using the word "husband."

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates