I haven't posted in a few months since we don't have the internet at home and I keep thinking I will go to the university and upload pictures. That's a lot of trouble.
But, I've done a few little things lately.
R. and I got a BlendTec for a wedding gift, which was probably my #1 most desired gift. With it, I made two different kinds of salsa, one red and one green. It takes about 1 minute, since you don't have to chop anything. The green one was made with green tomatoes, and is really more like a sauce that we put on rice and beans. Kind of amazing how good something as simple as rice and beans with reject-tomato salsa sauce can taste.
Last week I made PICKLES for the first time. I just couldn't bring myself to spring for grocery-store prices on fresh dill, and wasn't sure how dill seeds would work, but I made 2 jars of refrigerator pickles from Simply In Season. I tried them today, and to my surprise they were great! I love pickles!
8 months ago
1 comments:
Yay! The pickles sound fantastic. My grandmother used to make sour pickles; I loved them!
Post a Comment