Over the winter I found this dresser set out on the curb. It was missing a drawer and a knob, and painted sloppily with gross colors (the UO Ducks football team colors, to be exact--people in this town are die-hard.). But we were in need of any storage pieces we could get, so I grabbed it. (I'm also easily lured in to the challenge of breathing new life into junk. In 20 years someone might need to call 1-800-HOARDERS on me.)
It could use a paint job, but we don't have any paint and my general principle is that free junk doesn't merit spending money for improvement. I saw an idea online about covering surfaces with old book pages, so I grabbed an old edition of Heidi from the curb, and tore out pages with funny headings or pictures. I adhered them to the top with Modge Podge. I like how it looks, but will need to think of some other way to make the rest of it less ugly. It would be a little much to put pages on the whole thing. I also need to figure out a solution for the missing knob.
8 months ago
1 comments:
I love the chevron look for dressers: http://www.hgtv.com/color/the-psychology-of-color-choose-the-right-shade/pictures/page-13.html
Post a Comment