De-Stash Baby Crafts


This is a fabric bin I made tonight. I set a goal in late April to use up a lot of my craft supply stash within 6 months. This change of mindset makes it a good thing to use nice fabric, instead of saving it for "someday." I found the tutorial here. It is a little floppier than I hoped, but if it's full of stuff it will contain that stuff. We'll probably will store all our bibs in here. 


In my spare moments recently I've been searching for ideas on nurseries in small spaces. This was one great one: instead of a rectangular plastic hamper taking up floor space, I made this laundry bag by threading a vintage pillowcase through a spare embroidery hoop, and hanging it on a cup hook in the wall. It's great, and totally appropriate since her clothes are so tiny anyhow. 


Lastly, I made this stuffed bunny using a free pattern from Purl Bee. I used soft suiting material for the body, which frays too easily for this type of project. Stuffed with polyester, with pink cashmere ears from an old sweater. I used jewel-button eyes. My craft skills do not lie in precision, so things are a little fudged, but craft supplies got used, so mission accomplished. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I love your fabric choices for the bin. Very fun!

The cashmere ears on your bunny are so sweet. It came out so great, particularly the proportions.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates