A little while back, I bought a compact New Revised Standard Version of the Bible. I didn't have a small, portable Bible or a NRSV, so when I found the two qualities combined at the thrift store, I knew it was meant for me. It was a paperback Urbana 2003 copy--probably a freebie. Unnattractive and flimsy. So, I recovered it.
I didn't take a "before" shot. First I cut a piece of cereal-box cardboard to the correct size, and glued it to the original cover for fortification. Then I reinforced that a little with packing tape since the glue pulled away.
Then I took some cloth and covered it. I hand-stitched the bottom and top seams very close so it's on there for life.
A compact Bible is notably nicer for carrying to Friday morning women's group and travel. It's much prettier now too--you can't tell from the pictures, but there is gold dotting woven through the fabric. And, the content can't be beat.



0 comments:
Post a Comment