I spent much of this last week feeling a little under the weather, teetering on the edge of being full-blown sick. Many tissues gave their lives to my cause.
I had the opportunity to make use of my new essential oil medicine cabinet, which is not an occasion you seek out, but is kind of fun nevertheless. I inhaled eucalyptus steam a few times. I boiled water, added only ONE drop of eucalyptus oil, and then draped my head in a towel and inhaled that steam until the scent was gone. Sure enough, oil does vaporize! And that eucalyptus went down into my lungs and respiratory passageways and killed germs.
I also drank many cups of garlic tea, which I now swear by. Once I even got to use fresh thyme in it because while my sister does not stock this in her spice cabinet, she does conveniently plant the creeping version as a ground cover. I never did succumb to being full-blow ill, and I'm thankful for that.
It is empowering to know that there are simple tools I can access to fortify my body's defenses when I sense things are off; I can take action and resist instead of just being a victim and waiting for the virus/bug to run its course. The simplicity of these tools means that I can understand how they work, and perhaps just the visualization of that garlic/eucalyptus/etc. going in there and creaming the germs would work even if it was all only placebo effect! (Which it's not, but the psychological part has to help).
8 months ago
1 comments:
Hey Hope! Glad if you are feeling better. We are looking forward to seeing Rob soon!
How do you make garlic tea?
Post a Comment