In the past couple days I've come into contact with a LOT of people who have bad colds. Since I've only just returned home to Chicago yesterday after 3 weeks traveling, I'd like not to fall victim to illness before I have the chance to readjust to my surroundings. I woke up today feeling a little under the weather, and was determined to do what I could not to continue down the slippery slope to a full-blown cold.
While in Eugene, OR a couple weeks ago, I observed my gentleman friend's housemate making immunity-boosting tea. She sliced a clove of garlic, some shallot, and added some fresh thyme. She said something about blood purification and expectorants. Also, I recently read an article about how thyme is the Goliath of healing herbs (wish I could relocate that source). I tried to look up some information in my Natural Healing Wisdom & Know-How book today but couldn't find a similar recipe. So, I imitated what I could remember: boiling some water and adding a sliced garlic glove a a few sprinkles of dried thyme. I covered the mug with a cup for about 20 minutes so the medicinal properties wouldn't evaporate with the steam while it was cooling.
I'll let you know how it goes.
8 months ago
1 comments:
Yeah, sorry about the colds over here. We're getting better now, so at least it's not a long cold!
Post a Comment