Saving Seeds

My garden is dying, but my marigolds are in full glory. I can pick big bunches of them to have in the house, and when they die and get dry, I pull out the seeds and stick them in an envelope.


I have SO many already--enough fill the whole garden plot next year. If you want some next spring, just say the word. I look at these slim little black and white matchsticks and marvel that each one has some kind of DNA code on there with the power to produce many full-size flowers.

When I get more advanced, I'd like to save other kinds of seeds (hopefully I can still collect some from my heirloom tomato plant this year), but for now I will rest in the knowledge that there won't be any need to buy marigold seeds this coming season.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates