Green Tomatoes for Dessert


When it came time to tear up my garden, there were quite a few tomatoes yet on the vine--green as anything, with no hope of ripening.

I took them home and made a green tomato, apple, and raisin pie. I won't provide the recipe, since there are dozens of green tomato pie recipes online, and I altered mine. I added the apples because many of the green tomatoes were rotten by the time I got to using them, so I had less quantity than I'd thought. I threw in the raisins because I was worried the pie would be sour, and I couldn't bring myself to put in the full cup of sugar they suggest (I used half a cup). It was pretty good, though the tomatoes didn't get as soft as the apples. Pie is pie, that's what I say. You can't go wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates