This is my watch.
My light purple Armitron, which I have been wearing for 4 years. It cost $20.
Last weekend, it died in my sleep. It's little heart stopped ticking. It briefly crossed my mind that this was an opportunity to buy a more sophisticated, adult watch, but I am quite attached to this model & I decided to stick what what I know.
Since I happened to be in Grand Rapids, where I purchased said watch as a college student, I had to move quickly to replace it while I had the chance. (I am at a loss for where to buy things in Chicago--if it's not at Target or the thrift store, I'm helpless. The size of the city is too much for me).
Luckily, my resourceful sister was at hand, and she suggested I simply try to replace the battery. After some excellent service from a Meijer jewelry counter woman, we determined the battery type. My engineering-student sister promised to do the actual transplant for me, but time was short and I was suddenly back in Chicago and all on my own.
Perhaps I am disproportionately proud of myself for having located a teeny-tiny screwdriver and performing the delicate handiwork of changing the battery, but what does it matter? There is one less watch in the landfill now, and I saved about $17. Thanks, Jessye.

1 comments:
It's unfortunate how often it's more expensive to replace the battery than to buy a new watch.
I love Armitron watches!
Post a Comment