One thing I really like about living in a big city is the unbeatable library system. Chicago Public Library is pretty extensive. It doesn't have everything (especially if your intention is to plumb the depths of Christian-living literature) but they usually have what I what. And send anything to my local branch for free. Two books I've really enjoyed lately are:
From Handmade Home I got lots of inspiration to use scrap felted wool. Conveniently I've recently run into three free shrunken wool sweaters. So here we have a nice sweater that shrunk in the wash:
As you can see, I cut a shape out of it. From the front and back. And sewed a hat out of it!
It was actually pretty hard to get it not too lumpy on the top. I won't try to describe the process. I'm certain there's a tutorial online if you'd like to try. Or, I highly recommend the book where I found the pattern.





0 comments:
Post a Comment