Scrub


I few months ago I researched all of the do-it-yourself, natural, at-home spa treatments I could find in anticipation of my friend D's wedding. Mushing a banana on your face is one way to guarantee giggles, but this hand/foot scrub was the only really worthwhile idea I found.

To make: combine equal parts brown sugar, olive oil, and coarsely chopped oats. A quarter cup of each gives you quite a bit to work with. I think I just chopped the oats a bit with a knife. Get a little bit, rub it all over your hands (or feet) for as long as you want (two minutes?), and rinse off. It is so wonderful! Just try it. It also keeps, as none of these items need refrigeration.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How do you avoid the temptation to eat it all before any makes it onto your feet? Oats and brown sugar are a dangerous combination.

Unknown said...

Ah... bananas on our faces... good times! And that scrub was amazing! My hands were SO SOFT after that. :)

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates