Sucanat

When I was in Eugene last fall I came across sucanat in the store, and have been meaning to try it instead of refined sugar for a long time. So, for Valentine's Day I took a regular cookie recipe and replaced white sugar with sucanat crystals, and used half white/half whole wheat flour.

Sucanat is pure dried cane juice. It has less sucrose than white sugar--I think that means it doesn't spike your blood sugar so severely. It also retains a little more nutritional content...but it's still mostly just simple carbs. Anyway, the cookies are nothing spectacular. They are kind of like flat biscuits, but if you pay attention while eating it, you notice it is actually sweet and rather tasty.

It's okay for things to be mild! It's a chance to re-sensitize the tongue.

(The brown specks are the sucanat showing up)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates