During the winter, I have noticed that my sense of smell gets quite deprived. I really enjoy using scented oil reed diffusers just for a little olfactory stimulation. However, those things are expensive so I did some research about how to make my own diffuser oil. However, before I was able to locate a source for safflower oil as a base, I learned from the Mountain Rose Herbs e-store that terra cotta absorbs and retains scent really well--they sell little terra cotta "pendants" for $3 to use like re-chargeable air fresheners. You just put a couple drops of essential oil on there and let it be.
Well, all of the sudden I was wishing I had even a little shard of terra cotta from a broken pot to use for this purpose. I did find a tiny painted flower pot in my craft box, so I put a little drop of lavender on a spot where the paint flaked off, and it does hold scent pretty well! I may still make reed diffuser oil in the future, but this has got to be the most simple, low-tech, and cheap way to make aromatic air!
8 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment