A Good Commute

Lately, two things have been making my 70-minute commute bearable.

1. Cruise control

2. Book on tape.
I really never knew how much I enjoyed audio books before! I find it much easier to listen to a nice voice read to me than to make myself read words on paper. A professor gave us digital files of a book on neurobiology which I listen to while puttering around the house, but a couple weeks ago I found an awesome book Creating Health: Honoring Women's Wisdom  by Christiane Northrup, M.D. on cassettes. I can play these in my car! She is a women's doctor and a big believer in the mind-body connection. It's fascinating stuff. Everyone should listen to it! On Saturday I missed my exit coming home because I was so enthralled.

2a. When I'm lucky enough to drive home while the sun is still up, the gorgeous Oregon mountains and farm pasture is enough to pacify my senses, but when it's dark, only audio tape will do. Hopefully my local library hasn't phased out all their cassettes for CDs yet! (If they have, I'll just listen to all 12 hours of Creating Health again!)

1a. Cruise control is helpful not only to relax but also for fuel efficiency. At days like this when pump prices ar $4.05 in Eugene, I set that speedometer at 60 and sit in the right hand lane. It saves a lot of gas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates