Homemade Pasta

Several weeks ago, I went with a few friends to a pasta-making workshop through Oregon State Extension. It was neat, but a pretty intimidating prospect without a pasta machine.

In a stroke of luck, I found a hand-crank pasta press from the '70s at a garage sale last week for $5. Cool!

I used half whole wheat, half white flour. 2 cups flour, 3 eggs. That's it! You just make the dough, roll it through about 8 times, then put it through the noodle-cutter! 


It's not quick or necessarily easy, though. I think it's a 2-person job, especially because it's hard to clamp the machine firmly to the table. And when the noodles get long, you need about 4 hands to keep them from falling into a sticky clump together. But the result is yummy!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Cool! I can't wait to try making homemade pasta at home. I have plans to make homemade pizza dough soon.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates