Reverse Thievery

Yesterday morning when I came out to the car, it was clear someone had gone through it during the night. The glove compartment contents were strewn everywhere and the door was ajar. Nothing was taken--apparently there is not much market for Natural Women's Health audio cassettes or homemade '90s mixtapes. But, the intruder did leave me his cell phone and an unopened "Take 5" bar.
When the policeman showed up, I recounted all this and he said:

"Do you have the candy bar and phone?"

"Well, I ate the candy bar, but I do have the cell phone!" :)
(I ate the candy bar because it took the police officer 3 hours to show up and I grew hungry. Take 5s aren't really that good).

2 comments:

Deborah said...

wow. that is crazy! did you figure out what happened?

someone broke into my car back right before i graduated, except instead of leaving me a candy bar they stole my HUGE stack of cds....

Andrea said...

Eek! How insane. If it happens again I hope it's a Peanut Butter Snickers.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates