Zucchini Brownies

Our two zucchini plants are faithfully pumping out zucchini--usually large ones since I don't notice they're even there until they're as big as my forearm.

This weekend I made some Zucchini Brownies. I used the recipe from Simply In Season, my cookbook of choice, but tweaked it a little. I used half as much sugar and whatever flours we had on hand.



My version:

1 c. buckwheat flour
3/4 c. rye flour
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Combine.

Stir in 3 cups shredded zucchini.

1 egg
3/4 cup raw Demerara sugar
1/2 plain whole milk yogurt
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla.
Combine separately and beat, then mix with zucchini mixture.

Spread in 9x13 pan, then sprinkle 1 c. dark chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 min.

These are very rich, chocolatey, and cakey, but not the kind of brownie that makes your head swim with a sugar rush or your gut regretful. I think they are sufficiently "real" food to be eaten when you are hungry, not just as a "treat."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates