Zucchini Chips


Our garden and fridge are happily rife with zucchini, so I tried this recipe from The Nourishing Gourmet.

Slice up 2 zucchini really thin. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, dash of salt, pepper, & garlic powder and mix up. Put on the dehydrator (or low oven) for hours, until dry.

It took all night for these chips to get dry. Zucchinis are pretty wet veggies! Not all of them got crisp, but they were pretty tasty. It was real easy to eat two zucchini all by myself in this manner.

Yesterday was the first legitimately hot day we've had in Eugene all summer. We went to the reservoir.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Super cute picture! Love your hair.

I wonder if microwaving the zucchini for a bit before putting it in the dehydrator would help. I use zucchini in lasagna and microwave it first to get some of the moisture out (so no soupy lasagna).

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates