Clandestine Chalkboard


For a long time I wished for a blackboard that I could write down lists and notes on, instead of the myriad scraps of paper that get lost and stuck in drawers. Strangely enough, I've never run across one in all my yard sale and thrift store meanderings. So, I decided to employ a little chalkboard paint.

Ideally, the best thing about chalkboard paint is that you can make a chalkboard directly on your wall. However, our landlord hates when people paint in her units, and because we don't like getting reprimanded by her and want to get our security deposit back, I wasn't going to risk it. But, I found a sneaky little spot inside the ironing-board cabinet. It wasn't painted to match in there anyway! I honestly think it is an asset to the apartment--hopefully the landlord does too. 

Now you see it...


Now you don't!

I also found a full-length mirror on the curb and painted that too. 
For now, it leans against the wall since we have no power drill to attach it elsewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates