Salvaging Apples

There are a couple apple trees behind my workplace. Mostly they fall onto the ground and get removed by the groundskeeper. Nearly all of them have spots or holes. But, they are delicious! It's a lot of trouble to cut out or eat around a scar in the peel while you're munching, so I decided to make some into apple chips to salvage the bunch that I picked.


I used a veggie slicer to make uniform thicknesses--and save my fingers from the possible repercussions of my impatience. It was really fast!


Then I stuck them in the dehydrator for about 24 hours. I had some extras, so I put them in the oven on 200 degrees. They were done in about 2 hours. Now I've got a big bag of chips that are sustaining me during a long day of classes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates