Easiest Applesauce

Last weekend I was finally able to attend to the big box of apples I got from Deterings Orchard last month. Last year's apple sauce was so yummy and easy, so I used the same method.

1. Soak apples in water & white vinegar for 1 hour to remove undesirable residues. 
2. Slice/core (no peeling! keep the fiber & vitamins!).


3. Fill blender with apple slices, add 1/2 c. water, and puree. 


4. Fill stockpot with applesauce, add 1 tbsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp sucanat. Heat until warm, but not simmering.

5. Water-bath can it!

I have a lot more to do--I barely made a dent in the apples. An sadly, it's not quite as tasty as last year. I think I bought the wrong type of apples. I need to write these things down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates