Chair Recovery, 2nd edition

Several months ago I picked a chair off the curb, thinking would recover it. However, the only fabric store around here is Jo-Ann's, which gives me the creeps and has an astoundingly poor selection of duck cotton. Lucky for me, the other day when I was in Salem for class, I stopped by the Target up that way. Lo and behold, there in the shopping plaza was a Hancock Fabrics!!! This was my favorite fabric store in Chicago. Sorta thrilling to stumble upon a little piece of familiarity and a cache of sewing resources!

This week they had duck cotton on sale, so I bought some and re-covered two chairs tonight. (The cane back chair was a recent $6 St. Vinnie's purchase)

Before:

The chair on the right has a weird blotch on it because I set a hot casserole dish on there, and it melted the synthetic fibers. 

 After:
I attached the fabric by hammering metal thumbtacks into the frame, since I don't have a staple gun.


When Rob came in, he looked at the chair on the left and said, "You covered it with your shirt?!"

I have a sweater that is very similar.

.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ooh, I love the chevron. How funny that it 'matches' your shirt!

Andrea said...

The similarity to the shirt is really funny. Nice job!

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates