Tree Costume

Wearing a Halloween costume to work yesterday was mandatory, as my department was putting on all the special events.  I always struggle thinking of costume ideas, so it was the night before that I finally got an idea and decided to be a tree.

I collected leaves outside and sewed them onto fabric. I mounted a few on a headband with felt. The squirrel is felt, and acorns are stuck onto my dress from the back with pushpins. Total cost: $0.00.





 

A few people could tell what I was supposed to be. I also go several "Mother Autumn" and "Wood Nymph" guesses. It was really fun! I remembered why I love this holiday. Occasional costumes meet a real human need of some sort, I think.

We had a kindergarten class come trick-or-treating at the nursing home. It was kinda disappointing to see that ALL of the kids costumes were preassembled, storebought numbers--not one homemade costume! Seems a little boring to me, and way less fun.

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Great creativity! I love it. And your hair length is so flattering.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates