Detox Bath

Feeling rather frazzled the other night, I decided to engage in the soul-nourishing practice of Taking a Bath. I'd run across some instructions on Detox Baths recently, and decided to try one.

Since I was short on baking soda, I only used a 1/4 of the amount of soda & salt you are supposed to. Quadruple this if you want to try:

  • 1 tub hot water
  • 1/2 c. Epsom salt
  • 1/2 c. baking soda. 
  • Drops of lavender & eucalyptus essential oil for kicks


I could have added ginger as is suggested, but I didn't want to sweat too much or I'd have to drink a ton and use the bathroom during the night. I tried to submerge as much of my skin surface as possible.

After 40 minutes, I was really surprised the water was still warm. The first 20 minutes are when toxins are supposedly removed from your body, and the second 20 minutes is when you absorb the magnesium from the Epsom salt.

I did feel lightheaded afterward, like I expected, and I could feel my heart beating in my whole upper back. I swear I could even audibly hear my heartbeat, though it wasn't racing or even pounding. I'm not sure what that was about. Anyway, I don't have a biochemical printout of my body chemistry so I don't know what changed, but I'd do it again. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates