I completed several projects on Thanksgiving morning, since I had the day off work.
One thing I made was lip balm from a tutorial online. I used the saved remains of a beeswax candle from my Chicago days that I knew would come in handy someday. The tutorial called for beeswax pastilles, which are tiny dots easy to measure out. My beeswax was a solid mass in a glass jar, so I melted it in a double boiler on the stove, and then poured it out in tiny, separate puddles onto wax paper. Then it was easy to peel off, separate, and measure.
So, I melted together 1 teapsoon of each:
beeswax
shea butter
coconut oil.
shea butter
coconut oil.
Then I added 1/4 tsp beet root powder for color. This kind of stayed in little clumps and didn't assimilate into the moisturizing agents very well. The color granules kept sinking to the bottom.
I had two tubes of Softlips left from at least 7 years ago (maybe high school?!?) tucked away in a drawer. That stuff is filled with scary-sounding ingredients I can't pronounce, so I twisted them all the way up, broke 'em off, tossed 'em in the garbage, and filled up the empty tubes with this concoction. After a couple minutes, they hardened and I could twist them up and down. It feels nice on my lips, but the color thing didn't work.
Here's what Rob does while I do these projects:
| Grading. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment