Yesterday I bought a bit of powdered bentonite clay from the cosmetic section at the corner grocery in order to make a type of toothpaste. I read about it on Keeper of the Home and thought I'd try it. If I can keep a few bucks in my wallet and a few unnatural substances out of my body at the same time, I'm up for pretty much anything! Using clay is supposed to help remineralize your teeth.
I put in:
- 1/4 c. bentonite clay powder
- 8 tbsp. boiled water
- 5 drops tea tree oil
- some powdered stevia and mint leaves
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Then, I brushed my teeth with it. I'll be honest, it was unpleasant. It felt like a sponge in my mouth, drying and sticky. I swished and swished to get it all out. But, my mouth did feel clean afterward. I'm not ready to switch from my Trader Joe's toothpaste yet, but it was an experiment worth doing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment