While ill, I had a cough/sore throat/drippy nose for which I mixed up some Elderberry Cough Syrup. Can't find the recipe anymore, but basically I cooked down 1/2 cup of dry elderberries in some water, added some honey and probably cinnamon and ginger. I was supposed to add lemon balm, but forgot to buy some. This was really yummy and felt nice going down, but the cough wasn't eliminated. That's okay, we cough for a reason, I suppose.
Now I keep the rest in a liquor sample bottle in the fridge, for next time. The antibacterial nature of the honey should keep it for quite awhile.
In other news, I went to the chiropractor today for the first time ever for back pain. It is really interesting, I only got about 4 little pops done on my spine, but I feel a little different. Normally, I am only truly comfortable sitting on a chair if I have my legs crossed, but now when I'm sitting with them crossed, I feel the urge to uncross! It's kinda weird. I think that's a good thing. Thank you, health insurance!
Ash Wednesday
Valentine's Day
| A pile of love notes on top of the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders. |
A friend sent us 14 paper hearts two weeks before Valentine's, with the instructions to both write something special about the other once a day until the 14th. I think this is one of the best ideas ever! It's simple, free, meaningful, and high-yielding!
0 comments:
Post a Comment