Jeans Rehab

About 3 years ago, I bought some new jeans, which was a big deal since most of what I wear is second-hand. Working at the group home, they were my go-to pants, and have seen a LOT of wear. They are much lighter in color than they began, and have gotten really stretched out. So stretched out, they only seem fit to wear around the house or doing garden work because they look that sloppy.

Today, I turned them inside out, pinned them down the side where they should fit, then sewed a line to follow the pins. It worked pretty great. This is such a better technique than "guessing," which is what I usually do when altering clothes, and it rarely works.

Pinned.

Here you see "before" on the left, and "after" on the right.


I need to do this more often! I own too much stuff that doesn't fit right.

1 comments:

gina said...

That's exactly what my seamstress does when she has to alter something for me. She pins it onto my body then she sews it and it fits perfectly each time

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates