Back in Place

We're home from a great 10-day vacation, and it turned even springier while we were gone. It was a great trip. My sister-in-law visited us the preceding week, so really the vacation began even before we left home.

 Here's Rob back in Indiana, going to the same barber he's gone to since he was a kid. The price hasn't changed. He's using a straight blade in the picture, and does most of the haircut the old fashioned way--with a scissor, not an electric clippers. It's a one-room, one chair, one man operation. Old men hang out there and shoot the breeze together. I love going and listening in on their conversation.

the Coast

Tidepools

Starfish are actually really firm and stiff, not squishy like I thought.

Rocks covered with living shells. We pried some off it case they were oysters to eat. They weren't.


These close up if you stick your finger in them.

On top of the Butte on the edge of town.

 My conservative estimate is that I've spend 28 hours driving and 9 hours on a plane in the last week and a half. It was a wonderful trip, but my body was so achy. I was so, so happy to get adjusted at the chiropractor today. Everything feels better. I'm finishing up my treatment there. It's been great, and I'm glad to have learned a little about another approach to treating various health issues. I'll stick it in my back pocket for the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates