That, my friends, is a slice of chocolate chip cookie pie. Made with chick peas and oatmeal instead of flour!
I'll be honest, the idea was enough to turn my stomach a little at first, but I have a pressure cooker now and was eager for an excuse to cook up some beans. The lure is also that there is far more protein and less than half the calories of the same dish using flour.
It was totally delicious! Totally! I used this recipe.
Later, I also tried a "black bean brownie" using a recipe from the same website, which were definitely not as good. They didn't get sufficiently baked, and though sweet and chocolately, remained a little too reminiscent of bean paste.
8 months ago
2 comments:
Yay! I got a pressure cooker for Christmas and just started using it last week.
Cool! What are you using it for?
Post a Comment