Heart, Cattails, Ice Cream, Injuries.

I'm free, free at last! No more textbooks, no more papers!

In the meantime, I made homemade basil-vanilla ice cream. It was good, but next time I will pulverize the basil in milk before freezing it, instead of just chopping it into tiny pieces.


Cattails. Partially nibbled. 
 Rob is all about picking and eating cattails from river banks and the side of the road. He steamed these, and then we rolled them in butter. 

The cattail-meister himself!

Here's us on Independence Day. 
Two nights ago, I made beef heart for the first time. It tasted like steak to me. I seared it, sliced it really thin, added crumbled feta, kalamata olives, and chunks of watermelon. Yum! I would have taken a picture, but in the process of slicing, I caught my finger. This is the third time I've done this since getting married. When will I ever learn? I have learned how to care for deep finger cuts, though. This time I just wrapped it in a pressure bandage (leftover from previous visits to UrgentCare) and took Hypericum for shooting nerve pain. 48 hours later, I'm fine. I feel a little proud of myself for not needing to seek medical attention this time. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates