Things to do instead of writing research papers.

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled upon the kind of church fundraiser yard sale one dreams about--lots of neat stuff for pennies. I picked up a yogurt maker, which is truly a little excessive to own, but I thought might be handy because R. really likes individual size flavored yogurts, and the maker comes with 7 little lidded glass jars. I also figured it would take the guesswork out of keeping the temperature just right.
 So, yesterday, I cooked down some strawberries from the garden and attempted strawberry yogurt. I had them going in the cooker for about 10-11 hours.
 This morning, we tasted one, and it was quite sour. I suppose I could have added more honey, or perhaps I left them heating too long. Anyway, I was not impressed by this gadget, and will probably give it one more shot before going back to my crockpot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My success story for the day was Radish and Carrot Pickles.

I picked about 6 tiny radishes from the garden, and sliced them and one carrot very thinly. I added them to 1/2 c. boiling white vinegar with 1/3 c. demerara sugar dissolved in it, and 1/2 tsp salt. Then, I immediately put it in a clean jar and let it sit on the counter, covered overnight. I got the recipe from Healthy Green Kitchen, but forgot the garlic.

Pretty yummy! I don't usually like radishes, but they are tasty this way. It takes the bitter bite out.

These kinds of projects just come one after another when I have a final paper to write.(I also made more kombucha and chocolate peanut butter cups yesterday). This morning it seemed urgent to wash a memory foam pillow I've been using for the last 10 years, and I did, by stomping on it in the shower and hanging it on the line. You can almost smell the procrastination. Luckily, it smells like edible treats!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates