I hope that'll do me.
8 of them are in pots along our windows on the ground. (Our windows are just above the ground). Having them there is enjoyable because I can look at them frequently and remember to take care of the. It also maximizes space.
I am being vigilant about pruning for the first time so I can get a big basil harvest. I pinched the top leaves off all my plants yesterday to make them branch out, and made this, my favorite pasta dish:
- whole wheat ziti (I believe non-New Englanders call this "penne")
- 1 pkg fresh mozzerella balls
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, rolled and sliced in to strips
- Olive oil
YUM. That is why they call summer "Time of the Kingdom"!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, note to self:
Today we planted 5 purple kale, 8 tomato plants, 1 slicing cucumber, 1 yellow round cucumber, 2 pickles, pickle seeds, zucchini seeds, carrot seeds (by the artichoke), dill seeds (by the tomatoes).
Today we planted 5 purple kale, 8 tomato plants, 1 slicing cucumber, 1 yellow round cucumber, 2 pickles, pickle seeds, zucchini seeds, carrot seeds (by the artichoke), dill seeds (by the tomatoes).
2 comments:
I hadn't even heard of purple kale.
Hope you make tomato basil soup. I love it. My experiment with basil hummus was not as successful.
YES! I love tomato basil soup. I've enjoyed putting a few basil leaves into a regular hummus recipe, and found it tastes fresh. Sorry to hear yours wasn't successful. Was it super basil heavy?
Post a Comment