Houseplants for Cheapos.

Houseplants: we need them, and they die on us. 

Living in the half-basement, we have small windows and less sunlight than our upstairs neighbors, which is what I fault for our plants that, one after another, rot off their roots and die.(That and the damp air/tendency toward mold). A few times, I bought nice-looking things from the clearance rack at Lowe's, but I can't keep throwing even a few dollars down the drain when I know they will all die. But, a home is not homey without plants, and goodness knows we need the air filtration. 

Recently, I read something about growing houseplants from sweet potatoes. We had a hard and a soft sweet potato (what is commonly called a yam and sweet potato) that were already sprouting little fingers, so I put one end in water, and set them on the sill. They are supposed to get quite leafy. It's fun to watch, and free. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates