It's that time of life when my generation is turning over a new one. So, I've been sewing a bunch of baby bonnets to say "Congrats" and "Thank you for making a significant contribution to the human race." I got started on vacation with my mother-in-law's brand-new Bernina sewing machine. Here are my latest:
| For a cousin-in-law's girl. Rob says this is his favorite bonnet so far. |
| For my cousin's boy. |
Picking out the fabric combinations is fun! Finishing something so small and smart is really gratifying too. Seeing pictures of the babies wearing them is icing on the cake.
Also, I got hired at my first real career job today! I celebrated by letting myself buy this very whimsical piece of vintage linen on clearance, which is a hanging set of potholders. All three circles detach for use with hot dishs, and reattach by a single snap.This pieces is pretty amazing, not only for the cleverness of the design, but also that the scotch tape holding the backing onto cardboard is still doing it's job, probably 40-plus years later.
| Don't know why it's sideways. |
1 comments:
I am thrilled about the career news! Best wishes. Looking forward to hearing more.
Lovely sewing. :)
Post a Comment