Feast of Eden with a side of Mango Salsa

 True riches




This has been the best tomato harvest I've had in Oregon. We got awesome plants this year, and it's been really hot. I could stare at these all day. 

Also, I made some fermented mango salsa. I just used a bag of frozen mango from Trader Joes, snipped the chunks into smaller pieces with kitchen shears, and added some chopped shallot, garlic, onion, and mint. A dash of salt, 2tbsp whey, and then stuffed it in a jar, covered with a cloth & rubber band, and let it sit on the counter for a day. It gelled, and now I'm just waiting for inspiration about something to eat it with--besides chips.



1 comments:

Andrea said...

Gorgeous!

I bet the salsa would be good on fish. I like scrambled eggs with salsa, too.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates