I
It's the end of summer--time to save up the abundance for the winter. Rob and I picked 70 lbs. of Roma tomatoes last week, being sure not to wait till the last minute and miss the crop like last year. Here is my roasted tomato sauce, minus the two jars that didn't seal.
It took one full box of tomatoes make this (about 22 lbs.)
I use the sauce recipe from Saving the Seasons where you just halve romas, and stick them on a jelly roll pan with wedges of onion and garlic for 40 minutes, then buzz a couple times in the blender.
I also did some diced tomatoes, but I'm not done yet.
I also did some diced tomatoes, but I'm not done yet.
We had a ton of leftover plums that we picked at a friend's house for Rob's birthday party. They were getting too soft to eat, so I just put them in the blender with what I could salvage from some spotty apples and called it Plum Applesauce. Didn't add any sugar at all, but it's very sweet. I still have a lot of applesauce from last year, so I probably won't make any more this fall.
0 comments:
Post a Comment