Weird. Wobble. Wreath.

Though I appear tame and vanilla in my business-casual therapist costume at work, I have a way-crunchy side at home, like this here kombucha SCOBY band-aid.

Once after making kombucha there was a teeny bit of liquid left in the bottom of my pitcher and it grew a new scoby! I was really surprised; it was like magic. Since it'd sat out for a week, I wasn't about to add it to my normal scoby, but I didn't want to throw away this vital little living thing either. So I searched for ways to use extra scoby and settled on the idea of dehydrating it (in the toaster oven),  to later cut into little strips, wet, and stick on wounds. R. cut his finger this week and let me try this out on him. It stuck on even through a shower! (He did complain that it left a stain on his skin, though). 


I finally bought some grass-fed beef gelatin powder and made some raspberry lemon jigglers. They are so yummy! This one came out of my silicone ice-cube tray (in the shape of dice). 

Also, we decided not to get a tree this year since we'll be gone for Christmas and it's such a hassle to dispose of afterwards. Instead, we got a real wreath, which we hung in the dining room. It smells great!

(I also sold clothes to Buffalo Exchange for the first time. They only wanted one pair of pants, which I traded in credit for the scarf I'm wearing in this picture. I'll stick with St. Vinnie's in the future--they are more my pace.)

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the picture of the two of you. Y'all are the cutest.

Glad you have a willing participant at home for crunchy experiments.

Post a Comment

 

Design in CSS by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine
Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates