We're back to normal eating here, and it's great. I'm starting to seek out raw cheese for the nutrients and picked up our first raw milk share tonight. It's good to have dairy back in my life.
I had a little skin bump grow on my jawline recently. Doctor thought it was a mole, even though it was flesh-colored. I didn't like it, as it stood off my face enough to have it's own little profile. Somehow I heard about using apple cider vinegar to get rid of moles, so I tried it. I just put some ACV on a cotton ball and fastened it over the mole with bandaid overnight on Sunday. On Monday morning when I took the bandaid off, the surface of the bump had turned white. By lunchtime it had turned kind of black. Monday it was smaller and red, and Tuesday morning a little scab fell off of it. Now it is basically flat again, if still kinda red. The skin around the bump is also irritated and flaky from being exposed to an acid for 8 hours, but somehow it primarily targeted the mole. I really can't believe how well this worked!
---------------------------------------------------------
I caught a cold this week and made elderberry gummies. They were fine but not delicious, who knows how they perform compared to the syrup? Nice to have something treat-like that was immuno-boosting instead of sugary and immune-suppressing. I also took ColdCalm for the first time.
I made the mistake of buying chocolate cream fermented cod liver oil gel, just to try something new. It is nasty. I will forever get cinnamon flavor in the future. It tasted so horrid that I encapsulated the whole bottle just so I wouldn't waste it, because I knew it wasn't going down the hatch in gel from. I put the gel in a ziploc back and squeezed it out through the tip directly into the capsules. It was a mistake to try to use my capsule maker for gel. Very messy.
I've wanted to start more fermentation projects lately, and tried root veggie pickles recently. I returned the recipe book to the library without writing down the proportions, and later realized I added WAY too much salt. Perhaps this is obvious from the picture, but it was my first time. I had to toss the whole batch.
Flowers for the would-be birthday of our first baby that was never born.
1 comments:
Flowers are a wonderful remembrance.
Post a Comment